This is my final DVD cover, throughout the process of making this cover I have found it much harder to make than my other texts as it required a lot more time and thought to create. Not only did it involve more text on it but the general process of designing the cover took a lot of thought. When creating this I looked at existing film magazines, such as 'Empire' magazine, this was a huge help as it allowed me to take inspiration from existing media products to aid the construction of my own product. I tried to keep the front cover of my magazine simple as I did not want it to be too crowded with information because when I did my audience feedback a common criticism was that existing products had too much text and pictures on the front of DVD's which made it unappealing to look at. The back of my DVD cover however has lots of information on it, this has gone down very well with my audience as they thought it had a very authentic and professional look.

No comments:
Post a Comment